The Victory Park
Poklonnaya gora was first mentioned in 1368, in the "Byhovts Chronicle", as the place, where many years ago important persons and foreign ambassadors were met with bows. Knowing about this fact, in 1812 Napoleon was waiting for the keys to the Kremlin just here, on Poklonnaya gora. But in vain. In February 23, 1958 a granite sign was established here, announcing the intention to construct a monument to the Victory in The World War II. The works started in 1984. The grand opening of the memorial complex in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Victory took place on May 9, 1995.