15 min.
850 m.

The street was named after the Monastery of the Exaltation of the Honest Life-Giving Cross of the Lord on the Island. It was founded by Ivan the Terrible, but then burned by the troops of Napoleon and was never revived. In 1820 houses for the families of the priests, who served in the Kremlin churches, were built on this place. For some time the street was known as the street of the Comintern, and later as Kalinin street.

Sign in for comments
Select region