Tsvetnoy Boulevard

30 min.
2200 m.

Originally the boulevard had the name Trubny (truba is the Russian word for tube). The present name was given to it, because since 1851 in this place a Flower Market had been located. In 1789-1791 the riverbed of Neglinnaya river, flowing through the modern Tsvetnoy Boulevard, was turned into a canal, in the middle of which there was a pool. In 1819 the river was put into the underground pipe and the pool was liquidated.

Select region