Tverskoy and Nikitsky boulevards
These two boulevards are forming a part of the Boulevard Ring. Besides, Tverskoy is the longest and the oldest. It was first mentioned in the "Projekted plan of Moscow of 1775," one of the most revolutionary documents of the capital urban development. At that time it was simply called a boulevard, because it was the only one. The boulevard was one of the favorite places for walks of the nobility. Pushkin liked to walk here with his numerous sweethearts. And it was here, where initially the famous monument to the poet had been installed. Later it was moved to the other side of Tverskaya street.