Zaryadye Park

15 min.
1200 m.

The largest landscape Park in Moscow with 10.2 ha territory. It was opened on the City day in September 2017. The Zaryadye Park is the first major new park, created in the center of the capital during the last 70 years. At the opening ceremony Mayor of Moscow Sergey Sobyanin said: "It's not just a park, it is an educational, informative, and architectural space." The Park was built in the record time. Every day 5 thousand people were working here round the clock.

Route points

  • 1
    Media Center

    Media hall The Time Machine is a high-tech media complex for 60 persons with a panoramic 360 * screen, surround sound and special effects. The hall is equipped with a cylindrical screen 16.5 m in diameter and 5 m high, 33 projectors and 32 channels of sound, the interactive floor projection, the surround sound system and special effects - smoke, vapor, odors - technologies.

  • 2
    The Dome
    Information pavilion The Dome is located at the entrance to the park from the Vasilevsky descent. In the arch of The Dome numerous QR codes store the history of the Park. Access to it can be obtained through the phones and tablets.
  • 3
    Ice Cave
    The pavilion is divided into two parts. One is the cave itself with a snow-covered art installation as the central exhibit. The temperature of 5 degrees maximum will be supported all year-round. One can walk inside and "cool down."
  • 4
    Conservation Embassy
    Another part of The Ice Cave pavilion is used by scientific and educational center The Conservation Embassy with its classrooms and workshops. The hall is decorated with live plants in the original greenhouse, so-called florarium.
  • 5
    Concert Hall
    Construction of the concert hall will be completed in 2018, as it was planned in the project. There are 2 halls in the concert complex Zaryadye: a large one, with 1560 seats and a small one, with 400 seats, for rehearsals and small performances. The facade from the park side of the complex is built into the hill, which became a part of the open-air amphitheatre for 1600 spectators. And the open air part, facing Kitaygorodsky proyezd, is made of glass full height of the building. When construction is finished a pipe organ will be installed in the concert hall.
  • 6
    Glass crust
    The concert hall building is covered with a translucent construction of 8500 m2 called the "glass crust". Another promenade zone with plants on the roof is located under it.
  • 7
    St.Barbara Church
    It was built by architect Rodion Kazakov. In 1812 the French army used the Church as a stable. In the 1920-s the Church was rebuilt and closed. In 1965-1967 it was restored. The Holy Great Martyress Barbara is revered as the Keeper from a sudden death.
  • 8
    The Old English Embassy
    The Chambers of the Old English court in Varvarka is one of the oldest buildings in the capital and the first one used by a mission of a foreign state. In 1994 with the assistance of Queen Elizabeth II a museum was opened here. Its exposition presents the English merchant's house of the XVI-XVII centuries and also reflects the first contacts between Britain and Muscovy.
  • 9
    St. Maxim Church
    The temple bears the name of Blessed Maxim, famous in Moscow at the beginning of the ХVI century. He was buried in 1434 in Varvarka street, near the church, formerly known as the Church of Boris and Gleb. In 1547 Blessed Maxim was canonized. In the 1930-s the church was closed, beheaded and devastated. In 1965-1969 it was restored. Now religious services are held here.
  • 10
    Cathedral of the Sign
    The former monastery was founded in 1629-1631. It was consecrated in the name of the Mother of God icon The Sign. The Znamensky Cathedral and the bell tower of the monastery have been preserved. After 1923 the monastery was closed. Its buildings and the cathedral were adapted for housing and then were converted into lecture and concert halls. Since 1992 religious services have been resumed here.
  • 11
    Chambers of the Romanov boyars
    It is the only Russian Museum, where one can learn about all the aspects of patriarchal life of Moscow boyars of the XVI-XVII centuries. The museum presents genuine objects of applied art. Visitors can see reconstructed interiors – both residential and commercial, furniture of that period, household and personal items, clothes and utensils, tiled stoves, samples of embossed leather, trunks, old books, fabrics.
  • 12
    St. George Church
    A typical old Moscow temple. The five-domed church was built in 1658 on the hillside, at the end of Varvarka street and named by its location "on the Pskov hill". In 1818 the refectory premises and the bell tower were added to it, contrasting sharply with the main church building because of its pseudo-Gothic style.
  • 13
    St. Anna Church
    The Church of the Conception of Anna is one of the oldest Moscow parish churches. The bell from its belfry, which weighed almost 500 kg, was removed from it, as during the restoration of 1954-1957 the belfry was dismantled. Now, the bell can be seen in St. Basil's Cathedral (Red square). In the 1920-s the Church was closed, but remained under the state protection as a monument of history. Then, the building housed offices and tourist companies.
  • 14
    Underground Museum
    An unusual (as all the Park objects) Museum exposition is presented in the underground passage. Its main exhibit is a fragment of the ancient Kitay-Gorod wall of white limestone - a monument of the XVI century fortification art. It was discovered during the construction of the underground gallery. The exposition tells about the history of Zaryadye and Kitay-Gorod. Archaeological objects, found during excavations will be exposed her al well. Among them is one of the most valuable treasures of silver coins, 25 kg, and the Tudor era medallion, made in Britain.
  • 15
    Moskvoretskaya Embankment
    The Embankment was lowered to the water level, creating a pedestrian area with shops and cafes. A new perspective of the Moscow River opens from here. On the waterfront a pier is organized. But the main pier for mooring regular vessels will remain near the Ustyinsky bridge, located in 300 m from the Zaryadye Park.
  • 16
    Floating bridge
    An observation deck with a total length of 244,4 m is made in the shape of the Latin letter V. The flight of the console part is 69 m, and the height over the water surface in the most central point is 15 m. As the design of the construction is unique for Russia and the rest of the world, the structural strength tests were carried out repeatedly. The visitors enjoy beautiful views from here: the Moscow River, Zamoskvorechye, St. Basil's Cathedral, the Kremlin, a part of the Red Square. The glass fencing 1.2 m high is installed on the bridge to ensure the safety of the visitors.
Select region